Monday, February 1, 2010

The CURIOUS CASE of A PILLOW and TWO ROOM-MATES

This blog is directed in the general direction of people who are living with room-mates(mainly of same gender). See the thing is that I am sharing a flat with a person who I have known from last 11 years(cannot call him a chaddi-friend per se but if you consider the duration of our friendship, it might qualify). When I say I share a flat, it do not stop there. By sharing I mean lot many things. That includes a bed as well. Now in many cultures this can lead to so many conclusions often very imaginative and life-changing in nature but let me assure you that that is not a case here. It is only because of these conclusions that can be drawn, I cannot freely call him a pain in the A$$!!

The curious case of room mates that I wanted to write here raised because of a situation that happened a few weeks ago. See my roommate celebrated his 1040329th birthday(because of his sheer qualities he can turn a single day into an year) and as every hotblooded person living in Delhi is in love, so is my roommate with a very nice girl from our hometown. His beloved came at our place to celebrate his 1040330th birthday(I have increased one year because of the time gap between typing the first line and this line) she brought him a cake and other gifts. I, during the whole process was asleep coz I think the pre-requisite for becoming a good friend is how often you forget your friend's birthdays. Kabhi kabhie mujhe lagta hai that our friends might even get disappointed 'coz we get to do this once every year. Anyways, as I was telling you that I was asleep during his 1040331th birthday(a year increased) celebrations and discovered the cake later on in the fridge, during my search and rescue mission(search for food and rescue my stomach). Although it clearly stated "PPY B'DAY SURJ"(you can assume that a few letters were already eaten)I had to ask the question.

Me"Yeh cake kiska hai?"
Him"Chup chap kha le na C#@$#@E"
Me "Abe bta na".

Well he told me that it was his 1040332th B'day and I gave him the same reaction that I give him every year.

Me"Bhaaaaaaaaaiii, happy b'day bhai, kya yaar tune btaya nahi"(as if I expect him to start wearing that conical b'day cap a week before his b'day is due...well thinking about it ..its not a bad idea. I'll suggest him). So then after finishing the complete cake I asked him Bhaat he got as a present??(Again one of the formost conditions of good friendship is never to give any gifts..khaaskar your roomies. Haan but if YOU need something then you should definetly give it as a GIFT to your roomies. Is se kya hota hai ki ek to you end up giving a gift and dusra you can comfortably use that thing thinking it to be your room-mate's!!!And you are free from the guilt of spending money on unnecessary things like clothes, shaving kits, shoes etc etc)

Ab woh situation that is the reason of this blog. His beloved had given him many things. But one thing really scared the hell out of us. Since she love him, she had picked up a seemingly harmless object from Archie's which was a crimson colored pillow in the shape of a heart with LOVE written in bold letters on it. Now let me remind you that I am a guy and my room-mate is another guy. And because he is in love and because this is a gift and because it is a pillow, he is expected to keep it on the BED!!!. ON THE BED!!!Now we faced a dire situation and a headstrong decision had to be taken. So in the end I had to buy a black colored pillow with HATE written on it(just to balance out the things). And now we both live happily with our own pillows.

No comments: